Tuesday, September 27, 2011

Prayers for Brodie

It seems these days a beautiful little baby boy named Brodie is on my mind so many times a day. And, this same little boy is someone whom I've never met. Many of you who read my blog have heard me mention Brodie, a beautiful baby boy who is very sick. It's amazing how a person whom you've never met can impact so many lives. Lately, I find myself praying for Brodie and his family and thinking about them even more. Lately, they had received heartbreaking news about their son. Yet, their fight to bring their son home is truly amazing.

As a mother, I ache over what they are going through. I see my Sammy and am so thankful for his health. I've talked with other people and other mothers who say that through Brodie's story, it makes you look at your life and become so much more appreciative for all that you have and the health of you and your family. His story drives home how many blessings God has placed in our lives. Even for those who do not have children, you can find such inspiration in him. Our hearts go out to this family. His story is one of fight, courage, and of parents unfailing faith to bring home their son. That is truly inspirational. From day one that I heard of their blog, I've read it daily and kept up with Brodie's progress. I rejoice in the positive and am heartbroken over the negative. And, I pray and think of him every moment in between. His blog and story have reached people across the state and across the country. Donations, prayers, and kind words have poured in from family, friends, and those whom they've never met. I remember telling Neil last night, "Isn't it amazing how people who don't even know Brodie can be so touched by his story?"

Last night we took Sammy to an Astro's game where many of Neil's coworkers would be there. One of his coworkers even got to throw out the first pitch, which was really neat. As many of us sat there at the game, I noticed many of us with our blue, Brodie bracelets to support this amazing little boy. I know of the struggles and stressful days and nights his parents have faced. I thought it would be a good idea for them to see us in our bracelets to show that we are so proud of Brodie's fight and support him daily. I gathered us together and took a picture of our wrists that proudly sport our bands. I posted it to LaVona's Facebook page. I was hoping this would give them a smile and know that we love our Brodie and support him proudly. With many of his coworkers at the game, LaVona and her family were not and I couldn't help but think of them. I wanted them to know that in Brodie's fight, we are all together.

For many of  you who have kept up with Brodie's blog or any of you who have not, I ask you to give it a glance to see this courageous boy and his fight to stay with us. Donations can also be made through their blog. You will also receive a wristband to support Brodie and the fight against CDH. If nothing else, pray for Brodie and his family. They need it now more than ever. Please take a moment to keep Brodie and his family in your prayers.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...