Saturday, September 10, 2011

I Birthed an NBA Player

Sammy's four month shot appointment was the other day and I always dread these appointments for the fact that I hate to see him in pain. I honestly believe that he knew the shots were coming! Before we left the house, he was in a good mood. I had him on our bed and he was smiling and being his happy self. I started to change him and I said, "I don't want you to get your shots. They are going to hurt, but they are only going to hurt for a little bit." He looked at me, pushed out his lip a little bit, and genuinely got sad and started to cry. I couldn't believe it! Could he really know what was coming?

There is a part of these appointments that I look forward to and that is when they weigh and measure him. We are always so anxious to see how long he is and what percentile he is in. Sammy is a tall boy. He's been that way since he was born and is definitely following in his daddy's footsteps. Neil is 6 foot 6 inches and towers over just about everyone. When Samuel was born, he was 21 and 3/4 inches. When we went to his two month shot appointment he was already 25 inches and was in the 96th percentile! We were blown away (and had our glowing, proud parent moment). At his appointment the other day, he was 28 inches long and in the 99th percentile. Talk about being blown away, again (while we had another glowing, proud parents moment)!

I always joke that Sammy is going to be an NBA player and is going to send mommy and daddy checks! Ha. Joking, of course. Though, I'm really starting to think that Sammy may be a tall guy like his dad. I know that some children are in fact off the charts when they are little but become average height in their adult life. But, with his daddy's genes, there is no telling! With me being only 5 foot 5 inches, Sammy's height is predicted at 6 foot 2. Doctor said I bring him down! But, Neil and I predict he will be 6 foot 8 inches, 240 pounds. We'll see how that pans out. Neil has a feeling that Sam will be taller than him. And, I'm starting to think he is right!


Daddy and Sammy when he was about 3 and 1/2 months old.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...