Monday, October 3, 2011

4-Way Park

Out of all the pet peeves that I have, the hubby and I share one major annoyance...the 4-way stop park. Does anyone else in the world share this annoyance? I'm usually not a nit-picker about other drivers. As long as we're safe and no one puts us late or in harms way, I'm usually okay. Call this my small rant. Hey, I get one every now and then right? 

With every 4-way stop we arrive upon, it never fails that the human brain is perplexed by this stop and go system. Just this weekend, we pulled up to a 4-way stop with three cars at alternate signs already stopped as we rolled up. And, who was the first person to venture out of this stop you ask? Us.  We pulled up to these cars and all three were simply parked there, staring, and not moving a single muscle. This is really annoying. Maybe when you live in a busy city like us, you tend to want to get in and get out. But, with these highly complex roadway systems (sarcasm, of course), it's no wonder these 4-way stops never work quickly. If you stop, you go. I think that sounds pretty simple.

Okay, okay. I know I'm not a perfect driver. However, I do get my chance to do a little pet peeve talk every now and again, especially when these 4-way park situations happen over and over again. I guess I just don't see what is so hard about something so simple. Okay, I'm done. Small rant over pet peeve...check!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...