Thursday, October 6, 2011

Christmas, Already?

A couple weeks ago, I frequented Hobby Lobby and wandered with Sammy for hours searching through the Fall and Christmas decorations. At the time, the garland and wreaths were 50% off. I spent the first couple of days getting Fall decorations then already started into Christmas...in September! I look forward to the holidays so much that I couldn't help myself.

When I was looking through all of the garland and wreaths they are gorgeously decorated wreaths with some not so gorgeous prices. I was not going to purchase a Christmas wreath for $80, even if it was half off. So, I decided to make one myself. I've always been the crafty type person so I thought, why not? This was before I discovered Pinterest, which has now fueled a craft-driven frenzy. Small frenzy, but still a frenzy. They have the most amazing ideas.

I went to the furthest section of garland and wreaths which was the plain, inexpensive wreaths of just simple greenery. There was a large $10 wreath, which was half off for $5. I grabbed a large bow, $3, and a pick of snowy, berry greenery. It was $9, which was half off for $4.50. So, this brings my grand total to $12.50. Works for me! Now, mind you, this is not nearly all that I purchased, but let's not get into that now. (Maybe the hubby has forgotten about it!) With a few hot glue gun burns and a carpet full of fallen greenery needles, the finished result was beautiful and looked just as good as the pre-decorated wreaths. Can't wait until Christmas!








 I fluffed out the wreath to make it look full.

 I attached the bow by the twist tie on the back.

  With some wire cutters, I cut apart all of the pieces of the pick.

 Hot glued all of the pieces then...Voila!





No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...