Monday, October 24, 2011

Just Keep Stitching

When Sammy was a couple of months old, I quickly realized I would like to start a project to keep me occupied during the day between the diapers, bottles, dishes and dinner. Years ago, I used to cross stitch. I realize this is sometimes reserved for women 70+ but in all honesty, I like it. Even if I am 24 years old! I went to Hobby Lobby and found the most gorgeous cross stitching portrait that I had to get. Ever heard of diving in head first? Well, this would be the case. Here I haven't cross stitched in years and I choose one of the most difficult patterns available. But, I know that I'll have here and there to work on it since I am a stay at home mom. So, it will get done (one day!).

The portrait is a beautiful European bistro that has many, many colors and details to make it look so warm and rich. I've been working on it off and on and have done a little piece of the picture. However, it is a large 11x16 portrait so I will have this project for a long time. Even though it was a $40 project, it is well worth the money and knew it would be a source of entertainment for many, many, many months. It is a piece by Gold Collection, which I quickly found has a great selection of quality pieces. I think this will be my go-to brand for cross stitching projects. The more I work on it, the more I realize how beautiful it is going to be when it is all done. My plan, when the project is all done, is to get it framed at Hobby Lobby and to hang it near our dinner table. I'm excited to be at that point, though it may be years down the road! But, in the mean time, I'll just keep stitching!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...