Tuesday, August 30, 2011

Me vs. The Bug

It's no surprise that I do NOT like bugs, crawlies, anything that spends there time scurrying around the corners of the house. Sammy and I visited my brother and sister at my parents house this weekend while they were out of town. My sister, Jessica, and I came into town for a bridal shower and we decided to make a weekend out of it! This was one of the first times I can remember that it was just us siblings; no parents, spouses, or fiances. I have to say, I had a great time!

The first night my brother, Michael, made some amazing hamburgers. I had just put Sammy down to bed before Jessica arrived at the house. We sat down to eat the burgers and they were so good. I hadn't had a burger in so long. They were fat, juicy patties loaded with avocado, cheese, and peppers. Definitely a splurge! Good job, Mike. After that, we played a game of Scrabble that seemed to go on forever! We were enthralled in telling stories and laughing our heads off over funny moments that we remembered. It was a fun time.

Saturday came and Jessica, Sammy and I made our way to the shower. I have a gorgeous family and I have so many pregnant cousins right now! All 3 of the ladies pregnant are sisters, so I think that's really neat. My family definitely has a way of popping out kids and never looking as if they were ever pregnant. So, I definitely have some work to do to fit in with them! Ha. It was so good seeing my family and cousins, especially my grandma. My grandma is a very special lady and we've always been very close. She's one person I definitely have a huge place for in my heart. It was such a special moment to be sitting with Sammy on my lap during the opening of the gifts and looking over and seeing her looking at Sammy, smiling. My grandma had 13 children and has nearly 40 grandchildren and I don't even know how much great grandchildren. I grew up in a big family. And, I wouldn't have it any other way.

After stopping by the mall and picking up wedding pictures, we rested out at the house a bit before heading to see Michael's house that he recently bought. He is getting married next year and this is the house he will living in until they are married. Then, his new wife will move in and put the woman's touch on the place! We went to church and Sammy did pretty good. He always does so good in church. I can't imagine why! We are in the house of the Lord. I felt so bad when I was holding Sam and I accidentally scratched him on the forehead with my diamond ring. He immediately started screaming and I took him to the back. I felt absolutely awful.

Next, we went to dinner at Tokyo Grill and I could not wait to have my California Roll I have been waiting for! We waited 45 minutes for the hibachi grill. Sam was asleep when we sat down. Right when the hibachi chef showed up to begin, Sammy started screaming and I had to take him out. When I got back after he calmed down, the chef was cleaning up the grill as they just finished the cooking. I waited 45 minutes to miss it all! Ha. Oh well. All part of being a mother! I still ate my delicious Rainbow Roll, which is a California Roll topped with different types of fish. Very good. And, who doesn't love their fried rice? Even brought some home for Neil. You're welcome, doll!

Ok, so here's where my encounter with the crawlie began. After getting home and bathing Sam, I fed him and put him down to bed. I had a t-shirt on the ground, where it had been all day, and I picked it up to change into to go to bed. I was texting a friend of mine while I was laying in bed on my tummy. I felt like a tiny, tiny bit of movement on my tummy and I just figured it was the way I was laying and my t-shirt being bunched up. A little while later, I was on my back texting and definitely felt something move on my tummy. Mind you, the lights are off and Sammy is sleeping at the foot of my bed in his Pack-N-Play.

When I felt this movement, I flipped out! I moved faster than I remember ever moving. I grabbed my shirt, felt something underneath my shirt, and immediately flung it out from under my shirt. In the dark, I saw something crawling on the bed and new it was something that had legs and was alive! I reached for the lamp, knocked over a statue of the Blessed Virgin Mary (Please, forgive me) and turned on the light. There...crawling on the bed...was a bug about an inch long that resembled a thin roach. Agh! I didn't even give it a chance, I just flicked it straight across the room and couldn't find it after that. I spent the rest of the evening fearing something crawling on me. I guess as my shirt lay on the carpet all day, it snuck in there and got comfortable. My parents usual spray for bugs routinely but haven't in just a little while. I told her about this experience, and she said, "Ok, that's it, we need to spray!" Yes, Mom, please do. I'm just happy Sam was fast asleep while Mommy was flipping out over a little bug.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...