Tuesday, November 8, 2011

Deer Season in Full Swing

As a Texan, you can bet your bottom dollar that deer hunting is part of our lives. This past weekend was opening weekend of deer season and like tradition says, it is a guys weekend full of throwing washers, making morning and evening hunts, and hours of poker (and smack talking!). Well, a couple plan changes later and me not feeling well, there ended up being three women and three kiddos crashing this all guys weekend, myself included.

I wasn't feeling well with being newly pregnant and a little under the weather with not being able to breathe, I wasn't too thrilled about me and Sammy being home alone all weekend. And, at the same time, one of the guys had to bring his kids and then my mother-in-law and sister-in-law decided they were going. So, the weekend was officially crashed. I guess since I figured we were there, that we'd all hang out and spend time together. That wasn't the case! I hardly even saw the hubby on the Saturday we were there. And, being a light sleeper, I was counting down the minutes until they would be done playing poker so I could get some sleep, just to be woken up four hours later when they got up for a hunt.

Needless to say, by the end of the weekend and feeling as though a truck ran over us from lack of sleep, my mother-in-law and I looked at each other saying, "I don't think we'll be coming to this again!" I guess even though the weekend was crashed, the guys carried on with their normal, traditional weekend as we were stuck inside. Oh well. They all had a great time and I always enjoy being out at the ranch. Just wish I could have caught a little more sleep!


Cold morning at the ranch and all we could find was a beanie for Sammy. 
So, we folded it up and out we went!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...