Friday, February 1, 2013

I'm an Okie?!

We have had such a busy year! Keeping up with the Kardashians? Heck no. It's hard enough to keep up with us! In June we welcomed the most amazingly, sweet little girl, Nicole. She has been such a joy to our lives and such a wonderful addition to our family. She is a healthy, chubby little 7 month old and Sammy will be 21 months tomorrow. It's hard to believe the last time I bogged I was pregnant with Nicole! Newly pregnant at that.

As if 2 kids wasn't enough of a juggle, we found we were...pregnant again? Haha, no. Not that I know of, anyways! My husband was offered a position for his company in Oklahoma and he accepted the job and we were off to Oklahoma. We contemplated such a decision since our whole lives and family were in Texas, but we decided as a family what was best for us. He really loves working for his company, so how can you beat that? We moved in November and I quickly am in love with the cold weather we have. As any Texan knows you have cold weather what, 3 and 1/2 days a year? So, it's been so nice! I have yet to see snow so this Texan will just have to wait. I'm sure I'll be begging for the toasty sun when that time comes, but until we have to deal with frozen windshields and slushy mud, I am optimistically dreaming of those white, snowy, beautiful days.

We have settled in great here in our new house and we are absolutely loving having a one story house. This is our first time as a married couple having a garage and a yard, so how can you not be ecstatic? The kids enjoy having more space and I am loving the beautiful Oklahoma sunshine coming in those big windows. And did I mention Neil has a man cave? I don't know if he's wiped the smile off his face for the past two months! Did I mention Neil has transformed part of the garage into another man cave? Haha. I'm starting to wonder where my woman cave is?

Life as a stay at home mom to 2 kids has been great, though not void of headaches and pull-my-hair-out moments. But, I always know I am one lucky lady to have an amazing husband who supports us emotionally and financially so I can be home with our two rug rats...I mean, angels! Thanks, dear.

I can't believe I am saying it, since I struggled so much with Sammy for two months producing milk to only pump half as much as he needed, but I am still breast feeding Nicole at 7 and 1/2 months. What a great accomplishment! I never thought it to be possible. I had an amazing lactation consultant when we had Nicole back in Texas and I know I couldn't have done it without her. Nicole has been a healthy, beautiful girl since the day she was born! God blessed us with amazing and healthy kids. She is so, so, so sweet. And happy. And lovable. Having a little girl has been so neat! Sammy really enjoys having her around and seeing them light up with each other is very sweet.

I have yet to drop the baby weight and start to see pictures of myself from just a few years ago and think, "Who is that person?!" I'm sure one day I'll get back where I need to be. I lose major motivation when I get so tired from the kids and still getting up at night to feed Nicole and all. I just try to tell myself it's not the end of the world if I have on this weight for a little while. It's not like I have a lackadaisical life! And, when I'm at this point in my life of having babies and taking care of them, I know that won't last forever so I try not to beat myself up about it. TRY. I'm so lucky to have a husband who loves me and thinks I'm beautiful regardless of stretch marks and extra poundage. I started up Zumba again for the first time since before we were married and I am just loving it! An hour of dancing with no kids needing me? Count me in! And, this is the first time in two years that I am doing something for myself and by myself. I have to say, it is so nice. Now, if only those cookies would stop calling my name.











No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...